POLICIES, TERMS and CONDITIONS
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We do not collect personal data from site users. Site users however, may at their own discretion, elect to provide, and therefore consent to the use of, limited personal data, such as name, email address, personal account information and preferences; for use by Goldseekr™ when required for transactional data, account registration, account maintenance, purchase history/order information; and technical data, such as information about cookies.
When visitors leave comments on the site Goldseekr™ may collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Goldseekr™ may keep contact form submissions for 90 days for customer service purposes and to facilitate ongoing communication. This information is not used for marketing purposes. Your privacy is respected.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for 1 yr.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google analytics operate on this site to register traffic sources and flow through the site. This information is used to provide users a better experience on our website.
Who we share your data with
Selected site data is collected by third party providers such as Stripe and Paypal, to provide cloud-based ecommerce services including payment processors.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive of the personal records we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Please see our contact page.
What we collect and store
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
• Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
• Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
• Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
• Send you information about your account and order
• Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
• Process payments and prevent fraud
• Set up your account for our store
• Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
• Improve our store offerings
• Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
• Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
• Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fullfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
Selected data is shared with ecommerce providers for facilitating analytics, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third party embeds.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions of sale apply to all transactions between the Seller (Goldseekr™) and the Buyer.
These terms and conditions will prevail over all conditions of the transaction to the extent of any inconsistency. The following terms and conditions shall apply:-
1. Payment shall be made prior to or at the time of receiving the goods.
2. All payments by Direct Deposit or Cheque are subject to bank clearance and title of the goods will remain the property of the Seller until such time as the goods are paid for in full.
3. Until goods have been delivered to the Buyer, and up until such time as the Buyer has completed payment of the goods made available by the Seller:- a) Legal title to the goods is upheld by the Seller; b) All risk about the goods will be transferred to the Buyer once delivered to the Buyer or the Buyer’s agent. c) Without insistence or demand, the seller may resume possession of the goods and without notice reserves the right to sell the goods under whichever terms and in whichever manner it may so determine and will be entitled to claim or deduct costs incurred for the purposes of recovering possession, the Buyer irrevocably authorises the Seller and its agent/s to enter premises wherever such goods may be stored in order to effect repossession of the goods.
4. The Seller shall attempt to keep to advertised delivery dates, however should for any reason whatsoever delivery become delayed, such an event will not entitle the Buyer to claim any damage or loss, or to rescind, terminate or cancel the transaction.
5. During circumstances that fall beyond the control of the Seller including but not limited to industrial action, war, civil revolution, strikes, lock outs, rebellions, fire, acts of God and shortages of material, the Seller may at its discretion and at any time rescind, terminate or cancel the transaction.
6. The Buyer, in selling the goods purchased shall not make claim or infer it holds a position as an agent of the Seller.
7. The return of goods shall carry no right to a refund.
8. The seller reserves the right to charge 10% fee for handling and restocking with stock returned within 30 days. Returned stock must be unopened, unmarked and wherever such practicable -in its original packaging.
9. No claims, representations or warranties are made by the Seller with respect to the safety, durability, quality, nature, fitness for purpose, suitability, conformance with description or merchantability and all such matters remain disclaimed and excluded.
Limitations to the Seller’s liability are made to the full extent permitted by law. The terms that exclude or limit the Seller’s liability will apply only to the extent permitted by the laws of Australia.
To the extent to which the Seller is liable under those statutory provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974, the Sellers liability is limited to:
a) The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; b) The repair of the goods.
1. The Buyer indemnifies the Seller in respect to any claim of whatsoever nature that maybe made by the Buyer, agent, servant, customer or other person in relation to the goods sold to the Buyer.
2. Notwithstanding 1 & b above, the Buyer accepts all responsibility for and liability associated with the use, handling and function of the goods they purchase and specifically recognises the following conditions under which they purchase powered products and lithium powered cells provided in battery kits:
2a/ The lithium cells purchased with battery kits are manufactured typically for fixed use within enclosed devices and are not intended for individual handing, and are made available within battery kits on the condition that the lithium cell, shall at all times, for purposes of safe handling and at the sole responsibility of the buyer, be located in either:
– the supplied charging device for the purposes of charging until charged, and under the specific direction of the manufacturers instructions for that device.
– the metal detecting device for use of the charged cell, or for transport, while following safety guidelines supplied.
– the storage case provided for transport or storage, while following safety guidelines supplied.
3. The Seller shall not be liable for any damage or injury sustained by the Buyer, servants or agents or contractors or any equipment or property arising out of the use of the goods supplied or component part sold to the buyer and the Buyer indemnifies the Seller from any such claim.
Words, warranties promises and representations of any nature made by the Seller in respect to goods or component parts thereof sold by the Seller does not bestow upon the Buyer entitlement to reliance on such statements, or phrases written or otherwise and the Buyer is to rely instead upon their own enquiries, research, opinions and advice in respect to the quality, suitability and attributes of the goods supplied and component parts sold thereof.
Pricing, Ordering and Shipping.
Prices of goods, delivery and other charges displayed on this website are current at the time of display. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and inclusive of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). These prices are subject to variation without notice. Goldseekr™ will receive orders through the following:
1. Orders by Online Store.
At your own convenience you can make use of our online facilities to place your order in the shopping cart and make payment through our checkout process. Orders received through this channel will be processed in the quickest possible timeframe. Online transactions are completed via Direct Debit, Credit card or Paypal.
2. Orders by Telephone After choosing your selected products and associated Codes, you may be able to place an order over the telephone. Buyers should bear in mind that there are periods of time during field trips when your call may not be received. Not withstanding calls from private numbers, In such cases you can expect a return call at our earliest convenience. We will confirm your order by e-mail or phone once we have processed and received your payment. Telephone transactions are completed only via Credit card and have a $300 limit without the physical card.
3. Orders by Email You can email us your order and we will respond with an invoice for your review and payment, which once completed we will confirm your order and delivery details on email.
For Australian destinations, we will endeavour to send by Express post whenever it is possible and viable to do so. The other option being Regular postal service. Express deliveries to most areas of Australia are completed within 4 days depending on the remoteness of the recipient.
Most International Buyers will choose Regular postage options, and we will select the best value pricing for speed depending on the purchase/parcel configuration. Express shipping remains an alternative available in the checkout for international buyers.
Normal dispatch times for goods upon receipt of cleared funds is within 2 business days after payment. Orders with cleared payment status (typically Paypal, Credit Card purchases) which are received after 1.00 PM will be sent the following day.
Placement of an order by you constitutes an offer to enter into an agreement with Goldseekr™. Upon receiving an order we will communicate to you (normally by e-mail), and confirm that we have received the details of your offer.
Unless Goldseekr™ confirms acceptance of your order by phone or e-mail, no contract shall exist between you and Goldseekr™ for the sale of any product.
Order forms and information offered in your ordering process must be accurate and contain correct and complete address and contact information. Should a problem exist with your order, we will contact you as soon as possible. Under no circumstances is Goldseekr™ obliged to re-send an order at our expense on the basis that incorrect information was tendered by the Buyer in the first instance. Any redirection to an address other than that contained within your original order will incur the Buyer additional charges.
Goldseekr™ reserves the right to terminate membership accounts, remove or edit content, cancel orders (or part thereof) and/or to not to provide goods at our sole discretion at any time. Without limiting the operation of any other Terms and Conditions herein, Goldseekr™ and its agents will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from the exercising of these rights.
If you wish to cancel a confirmed order, please contact us as soon as possible. Our agreement with you only comes into existence once we have confirmed your order and processed your payment. Once we have accepted payment for an order, cancellation of the order is within our sole discretion. Orders already dispatched can not be cancelled.